Jun 22, 2012

Musa Aman wants full probe into Sabahawks bad run

KOTA KINABALU: No stone will be left unturned as the Sabah Football Association bids to find the root of the problems that are currently rocking the State Super League squad.

Its Supremo Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Haji Aman said he had already instructed the FA’s team management committee to prepare a complete report on the team’s decline!

“It is still too early for me to state the cause (of the problem/s). I have instructed the team management committee (which is headed by Vice President I Datuk Osman Jamal) to prepare a complete report … identifying and rectifying any weaknesses or issue that arises,” said Musa through his social networking site Facebook late Wednesday.

He also expressed his sadness and disappointment over the humiliating defeats the team suffered recently.
Musa assured that if there is any ‘unhealthy’ development, action will be taken against the culprits.

“If there is any unhealthy development, I will not hesitate to take stern action for the sake of football pride and the hopes of the Sabah people. I will not compromise on this,” said Musa.

And Musa is optimistic that the management, coaches and players will recover from this setback, and that they will not disappoint the hope of Sabah people in bringing football glory back to the Land Below the Wind.

He also thanked those who have expressed their views, comments and constructive criticism.

“I appreciate and accept it with an open heart.”

Musa finally broke his silence after the State squad looks to be heading into turmoil in their Super League challenge.

They succumbed to four consecutive defeats, with the last two, the annihilation by Singapore Lions XII (9-0), which is the League’s worst ever record, and Selangor PKNS (4-0), could prove to be a big blow in their fight for survival in the Super League.

The string of defeats also saw head coach Justin Ganai being removed from the post since Monday, and his assistant Andrew Majanggim has been given the Herculean task in reviving the squad.

With the FA yet to name any replacement, Andrew will again take charge of the team when they take on Kelantan on Saturday.

Meanwhile, at a function in Tuaran yesterday, Musa again expressed his disappointment with the dismal performances of late.

Musa said he also asked his deputy (Datuk Lawrence Gimbang) to look into the matter thoroughly.

“As the President of the FA, I’m very sad … it seems that the quality of our game has dropped.

“We don’t know why (it happened), but nevertheless, I have asked the team management to make a thorough report on this.

“I have also asked the FA Deputy President Datuk Lawrence Gimbang to make a careful study on why or, what, went wrong with the team,” said Musa.

He believes that they are capable of improving their game and ending the rot in the near future.

Meanwhile, Sabahawks Fan Club President, Mohd Joh Wid said although he was sad and disappointed with the team, his side will continue to rally and support the team.

He is also convinced that Sabah will be able to recover from this setback.

Joh also expressed his disappointment with the action of some fans who were a little too provocative during the tie against PKNS.

“Their action of putting up banners criticising the players and the management caused the team to lose focus in the game,” he said.

“The players need our support. We, as the 12th player need to give our fullest support no matter under whatever circumstances,” Joh added.

The State squad left for Kelantan yesterday, and face another torrid time against the title contenders at the Sultan Mohd IV Stadium in Kota Baru on Saturday.

News source:
News Sabah Times

1 comment:

  1. HAH?! TINGUK CERMIN DULU LA MUSANG..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...